Many countries have economic citizenship programs with varying degrees of investment amount, investment horizon, investment type, residency requirement, and personal information disclosure. However, the program offered by the country of St. Kitts is the fastest, easiest, and most affordable of any.
The St. Kitts Citizenship by Investment Program is one of the oldest, most respected, and most sought-after in the world. It was instituted in 1984 to encourage foreign investment in the country.
There are two investment options available in the St. Kitts program:
1. Real Estate Option – To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under the real-estate option of its Citizenship-by-Investment Program, the Government requires an investment in designated real estate with a value of at least US$200,000 for each main applicant (real estate resalable in 7 years) or US$400,000 (real estate resalable in 5 years). Two or more applicants may apply for citizenship by investment together by purchasing one piece of real estate provided that each main applicant contributes the minimum investment of US$ 200,000.00 towards the investment. The Real Estate investment may be completed using Bitcoin Cash. The fee for each Certificate of Registration is US$47.00. All Government fees for processing and diligence must be paid for in US Dollars.
Besides this investment requirement, the following processing and due diligence fees are payable to the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis to be paid in US Dollars:
- US$ 7,500 due diligence and processing fees for the main applicant
- US$ 4,000 due diligence and processing fees for each dependent of the main applicant who is over the age of eighteen years
- On approval in principle of the application through a real estate investment
- US$ 50,047.00 for the main applicant
- US$ 25,047.00 for the spouse of the main applicant
- US$ 25,047.00 for each child of the main applicant under eighteen years of age
- US$ 50,047.00 for each qualified dependent of the main applicant above the age of eighteen years, other than his or her spouse
Additionally to these fees, real-estate buyers should be aware that there are also purchase costs (mainly compulsory insurance fund contribution and conveyance fees) of approximately 4 – 5% of the purchase price.
Only villas and condominium units from an approved developer will qualify for citizenship.
The real estate can be re-sold 5 years (US $200,000 initial investment) or 7 years (US $400,000 initial investment) after the purchase, and it will qualify the next buyer for citizenship.
2. Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) Option – To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under the SIDF Option, the Government requires a contribution in US Dollars to the St. Kitts and Nevis Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation, a public charity audited by Pricewaterhouse Coopers. Under this option, the minimum Contributions to the SIDF to qualify persons to apply to Citizenship by Investment are as follows:-
- Single applicant US$ 250,000.00
- Applicant with up to three dependents (i.e. one spouse and two children below the age of 18) US$ 300,000.00
- Applicant with up to five dependents (i.e. one spouse and four children) US$ 350,000.00
- Applicant with up to seven dependents (i.e. one spouse and six children) US$ 450,000.00
- Additional contribution for each dependent above seven dependents US$ 50,000.00
Other governmental, application processing, real estate closing, and escrow fees are associated with both options of the program and will vary depending on the number of family members included in the citizenship application.
From an investment standpoint the Real Estate Option is superior in that it may generate a financial return (depending on the property purchased) and may be resold after a five year holding period. Recommended approved real estate projects are listed under the “REAL ESTATE” tab.
- No disclosure of financial information required
- Applicants do not have to visit St. Kitts to apply
- Speedy process – takes only 60 to 120 days
- Property may be resold after 5 years – will carry a new citizenship for the new buyer
- Visa-free travel to 157+ countries including Canada, the European Union, and Hong Kong
- 10 year multiple entry visa to the United States
- Tax advantages – no income, wealth, or inheritance taxes
- No residency requirement
- Lifetime citizenship for you and your family
- Citizenship confidentiality – your home country is not notified of your St. Kitts citizenship
The St. Kitts Citizenship by Investment program is administered by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) within the Office of the Prime Minister. Please visit the official web site for more information, including statutory government fees and particulars about the program: www.ciu.gov.kn.
BENEFITS OF A SAINT KITTS PASSPORT –
Its citizenship by investment program is one of the oldest and has since helped thousands of people secure a second passport without going through the stressful immigration route.
While the program has similar benefits as most other programs from the Caribbean, it still stands out by offering unique advantages to its citizens.
These benefits set St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment apart from the rest and is a huge pull to investors. Here are some of the key benefits you’ll enjoy if you get Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship.
1. Access to the World
St Kitts and Nevis passport allows you to travel without a visa to 157 different countries including Schengen countries, Singapore and UK. You also enjoy extended visas to the USA and Canada.
These traveling benefits will save you time, stress, and money as you can go about your business without worrying about travel restrictions. Impromptu business and leisure travels will no longer be a nightmare with St Kitts and Nevis’s passport.
2. No Visit or Residency Requirements
Unlike some other programs, St Kitts and Nevis’s citizenship program does not require you to visit the country during the application process or live in the country for any number of days to keep your citizenship.
You can go about your business without worrying about losing your citizenship because you cannot visit the country. Its beaches and sunny weather will make it difficult for you to stay away for long.
3. No Personal Income Tax
Business people who are looking to maximize tax benefits offered by countries would find St Kitts and Nevis citizenship valuable as the country collects no personal income tax and no tax from income from outside the country.
This means better protection for your wealth and an opportunity to grow your business even further.
4. Passport for the Whole Family
St Kitts and Nevis citizenship program offers your family the opportunity to get passports when you’re applying for the program.
Dependent children under 25 years and dependent parents and grandparents over 55 years can apply for passports. The investment amount for the family is slightly larger than for individuals and you have to pay additional passport processing fees for each additional member.
5. Dual Citizenship and Confidentiality
St Kitts allows for dual citizenship and as such you do not need to renounce your first citizenship before you can take possession of your St Kitts and Nevis citizenship.
Holding two passports is always an advantage and St Kitts will not take that away from you. Its dual citizenship acceptance means it is not under any obligation to disclose your new passport to the country of your first citizenship.
Your citizenship application, assets, and all information in their possession are not shared with third parties as they practice full confidentiality for their investors.
6. Fast Approval Process
Your application takes very little time to be processed and if you pass every verification process, you should have your passport in 4 to 6 months.
The government has introduced a faster process that takes less than 60 days for approval and issuance of a passport. This fast-tracked process is especially important to people seeking a passport for an urgent matter.
You will have to pay additional fees to get into the fast track process.
7. Business Opportunities and a Chance to Reach New Markets
With the thriving tourism sector in St Kitts and Nevis, a passport offers you the opportunity to key into this business opportunity as a citizen rather than a foreign investor. This comes with many benefits including ease of doing business.
Obtaining a St Kitts and Nevis passport also opens your business to new opportunities in the Caribbean.
8. Smooth Application and Approval Process
The St Kitts government understands the need for a less stressful process of obtaining citizenship and has made its application and approval process hassle-free.
You do not need to have education or management experience to get St Kitts citizenship. You also do not need to have an interview or visit the country for your application. Everything can be done from your country of residence.